Hyundai is a big name in the auto industry and they are tireless in their effort to bring their best innovation in the auto world and have come up with really great cars. One thing about owning or purchasing cars is that it purely depends on the choice and need of the end users. Here Hyundai takes the risk of bringing different model with features which suit the buyers.
We know about the launch of Genesis in 2009 which was an attractive car in par with the others and with the redesigned aggressively stylish, new look the Hyundai Genesis 2012 is a marvel. Let’s see how well is the new Hyundai Genesis in catching up with the buyers by quickly going through its features.
For a car the power of the engine is of prime importance and the Hyundai Genesis proudly boasts of having the V6 as well as the V8 for the different trims like the 3.8L V6 with 333 hp, the 4.6L DOHC V8 with 385 hp and the 5.0L DOHC V8 R Spec model with 429 hp. Both the 4.6 and 5.0 have all of the features of the 3.8, plus Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS). The willing and powerful award winning engine, of the V8 speed automatic transmission gives superb performance on the road.
The sedan with is very elegant and improved design is a winner all way. The front grille has been enhanced considering the front view. Additional LED accents redesigned Headlights and daytime running lights. A fresh and dynamic 17 inch alloy wheel, power folding mirrors, pubble lamp functions, and redesigned taillights asymmetrical new dual exhaust tips all these and more has improved the exteriors altogether making it a great sedan in the first look itself.
With the exceptionally luxurious comfort of the interiors, being seated inside a Genesis is a pleasure. The impressive interiors include:
- Premium and plush Leather seat which means pure comfort and luxury inside the sedan and a remarkable 15.9 cubic feet trunk which is good enough.
- Bluetooth connectivity, hands free phone system.
- The high tech powerful 528 watt Lexicon 7.1 Discrete Surround Sound Audio System with 17 speakers.
- A 7-inch touch screen for a two navigation system or a Multimedia Controller and Driver Information System (DIS) for an 8-inch display with a text-to-speech feature.
The safety of car is well guarded with all the latest technology, after all that’s what matters the most. The features include:
- The 8 air bags that offer full safety that includes advanced dual front bags, front and rear seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and roof-mounted side curtain airbags for both front and rear outboard seat occupants.
- Land departure warning system which helps the driver to get back when he is out of track by sending an alarm or signal.
- The advanced safety controls with four wheel anti-lock disc break, like the Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Traction Control System (TCS), and Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist.
- Adjustable Front lighting system according to visibility especial required during turns and curves and Automatic Hid Xenon headlights.
- Eight ultrasonic sensors which help detect some close objects while parking.
- Smart Cruise Control and Advance Active Safety.
We were not so impressed by its:-
- Base models having slower steering and absence of steering wheel paddle even for the R spec
- Not a sporty R sec.
- Minimal seat adjustment.
With the Genesis, Hyundai is clearly there to prove that a combination of passion for cars, dedicated automakers and technology all put in together is the success of the Hyundai Genesis 2012. A remarkable sedan priced competitively. Drive one home.