In the last few months smaller cars have taken a leap ahead of sedans and SUVs and they are equally in demand in the auto market. Some of the automakers believe that consumers are more inclined towards hatchbacks that can offer better performance and features and therefore they have decided to roll out their new hatchback 2013 Ford Focus ST.
Ford believes that they have come up with better features and options that will offer more practicality to the consumers. Let’s take a quick look at some of the best features of the vehicle in the 2013 Ford Focus ST review below.
- There is no doubt that while most of the hatchbacks look similar to each other in shape, Ford designers have gone an extra mile to redesign the shape of the car. The 2013 Ford Focus ST offers the most unique shape which is also very aerodynamic in its class. The angular roof shape of the vehicle makes it eye catching and different from most of the hatchbacks on the road.
- The front fascia of the vehicle is also very aggressive and sporty. It offers a black grille, centrally located exhaust and a large spoiler which makes this vehicle among the best sporty hatchbacks in the market. The rear tail lights are also in sync with the character lines on the side making it look great from the rear view.
- Ford has introduced the 2.0 liter turbocharged EcoBoost four cylinder engine that sits under the good and offers better performance. The engine has the capability to produce 252 horsepower and 270 lb feet of torque. The engine is also capable of offering nearly flat torque by allowing high turbo pressures that offer better speed to the vehicle.
- The front brakes on the vehicle are bigger and therefore it offers overall better braking performance to the driver. Ford claims that the Ford Focus ST can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 6.2 seconds and have EPA estimates of 23 mpg in the city, 32 mpg on the highway and 26 mpg combined which makes it one of the best fuel economy hatchbacks in the market.
- 2013 Ford Focus ST sports attractive design on the inside and it offers lot of space and comfort to the driver and passengers. The controls are simple and therefore it offers most of the dashboard options to the driver easily. The vehicle also gets the optional MyFord touch system that can be customized according to the choices of the driver.
- The rear seats are 60/40 split seats and therefore the cargo space can be expanded based on the requirements.
- The all new 2013 Ford Focus ST is priced at MSRP $23,700 and above.